Friday, August 10, 2007

Bonjour

Everyone can rest easy (including Tracy and I) that we arrived to Paris via night train. It was a good experience, and one of the least hectic of all of our train travel. Paris is a contrast from Italy. It is quiet and chilly, but most everyone in the cafes and train stations are very helpful. When checking into our hotel the man at the front desk attempted a joke about Americans and thought that we would enjoy his sarcasm. Our faces after 12 hours on a train gave him that hint that something must have been lost in translation. But seriously, I do like Paris and am looking forward to seeing the sights this weekend. By the way, I may have been afraid of the pigeons, but I think that everyone who has seen "The Birds" as many times as I have might have this reaction. (Although when five-year-olds had no trouble feeding them I did feel a bit silly.

Katie

1 comment:

PG said...

Katie,
Even your mother did not know you disliked "the birds"! Paris is great and will be a drastic change for you, weather wise and otherwise. Enjoy Paris for me!!!
Stay safe.