Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Cinque Terre

We are winding down a wonderful day in the Cinque Terre, five tiny towns, connected by a local train on the coast. The towns are picturesque, and with Tracy sitting on the beach, they look like a postcard. But seriously, this is the Italy that I have dreamed about and we saw a lot of beautiful countryside and interesting locals today. I have really enjoyed the smaller towns, and yesterday on my bike in Lucca I may have pretended that I was one of the Van Trapp family, while riding through town. (You know the scene, where the kids are dressed in the drapes from Maria's bedroom.) Anyway, I was pretty impressed with the Leaning Tower of Pisa, because even though I know it has been leaning since construction, it was affirmining to see it for myself. I will let Tracy post about today's hike across the Cinque Terre. All I can say about it was that it was long and hot, and that I am not a mountain climber. I guess that my travelling talents are limited to drinking wine, trying to speak Italian, buying scarves,and eating almond biscuits. All very honorable skills indeed. Tomorrow we head to Venice and then begin the last leg of our journey.
Ciao,
Katie

No comments: